Speckle and the team:
Speckle is the Platform for 3D: three-dimensional models are the execution engine of the built world, and we want to enable anyone to communicate, engage, and achieve more with them.
Speckle makes 3D data interoperable, collaborative and enables advanced automation pipelines. Say goodbye to file formats and export settings, designers can now share their models with a link, and anyone with a browser can access it. Distributed teams can directly collaborate and conduct live model reviews with our 3D viewer. Software developers can leverage Speckle's API to build robust automation & web applications.
The beauty of being fully open source allows entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh and learn from each other daily! We don't have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance.
About the role:
About the role:
We're looking for a passionate individual with robust UI & UX design skills backed up by some modern web development experience to join our team as we continue to scale!
You will have the opportunity to:
Designing & Researching: You will be designing new features for Speckle and researching, rethinking, and iterating on existing functionality - from application layouts to integrations with our 3D viewer.
Development: You will have the space to implement and test prototypes of new UI components and UX flows, create MVPs, and release new delightful interactions.
- Talk regularly to users and community members.
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users
We're looking for individuals who:
- has the deep industry knowledge and impressive UX/UI & web development skills
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You've designed UIs and UX flows that are both good-looking and intuitive.
- You've a strong desire to delight through accessible interactions centered around a person's needs.
- You've experienced creating responsive designs that work equally well on devices of all sizes and capabilities.
- You've strong knowledge of design and prototyping software such as Figma, Illustrator/Adobe Suite, and Affinity Suite.
- You can convert a design into a pixel-perfect & functioning frontend application using modern technologies & approaches.
It would be fantastic if:
- You have demonstrable experience in designing intuitive UIs for data-heavy applications.
- You are familiar with integrating 3D models within a standard 2D web application.
- You have an awareness of accessible web development principles.
- You've experience with the following: automated UI test development, maintaining a design system, utility-first CSS frameworks (e.g., Tailwind), ThreeJS, TypeScript, Nuxt.js, Node.js & NPM.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply — we'd love to hear from you.