Speckle and the team:
Speckle is the Platform for 3D: three-dimensional models are the execution engine of the built world, and we want to enable anyone to communicate, engage, and achieve more with them.
Speckle makes 3D data interoperable, collaborative and enables advanced automation pipelines. Say goodbye to file formats and export settings, designers can now share their models with a link, and anyone with a browser can access it. Distributed teams can directly collaborate and conduct live model reviews with our 3D viewer. Software developers can leverage Speckle's API to build robust automation & web applications.
The beauty of being fully open source allows entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh and learn from each other daily! We don't have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance.
About the role:
About the role:
As a Backend Engineer, you will primarily look after our backend functionality for our Speckle Server, collaborating with our incredible engineering teams!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in an exciting dev team at the intersection of software development and AEC
- Develop, test, and deliver maintainable and scalable new backend functionality for the Speckle Server
- Deliver new components for the Speckle Server
- Talk regularly to users and community members
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users
We're looking for individuals who:
- has deep industry knowledge and impressive software development skills
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You've got a track record of running APIs in production (REST & GraphQL)
- You're experienced and passionate about optimizing SQL queries and table structures.
- You have an awareness of clean & scalable coding practices & principles (e.g., DRY, SOLID, Composition vs. Inheritance)
- Experienced in writing automated tests and writing quickly testable code
- You enjoy the unique challenges a role presents in an early-stage company and are happy to roll your sleeves up and stretch yourself to work on things outside your day-to-day to support the team.
It would be fantastic if:
- You've experienced working with Auth workflows
- You've got a strong understanding of Docker & Kubernetes
- Experienced with managing Postgres at scale
- You've Frontend development experience (Vue)
- You've familiarity with Python
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply — we'd love to hear from you.