Speckle and the team:
Speckle is the Platform for 3D: three-dimensional models are the execution engine of the built world, and we want to enable anyone to communicate, engage, and achieve more with them.
Speckle makes 3D data interoperable, collaborative and enables advanced automation pipelines. Say goodbye to file formats and export settings, designers can now share their models with a link, and anyone with a browser can access it. Distributed teams can directly collaborate and conduct live model reviews with our 3D viewer. Software developers can leverage Speckle's API to build robust automation & web applications.
The beauty of being fully open source allows entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh and learn from each other daily! We don't have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance.
About the role:
We are looking to welcome a passionate Senior Product Designer to join our collaborative & innovative team to create visually delightful & easy-to-use digital interfaces for 3D data that span frontend and desktop applications.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will create and implement designs by understanding business requirements & user feedback, create user flows, wireframes, prototypes & mockups, identifying and troubleshooting UX problems such as responsiveness & much more. This is an exciting opportunity, being the first hire within the design space at Speckle!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with Speckle's two Founders & product team
- Translate requirements into style guides, design systems/patterns & attractive user interfaces that span desktop and web applications
- Design UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Collaborating effectively with Product & Engineering Teams
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience
We're looking for individuals who:
- is extremely hands-on, smart, talented, and driven.
- is passionate & user centered
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You prior experience as a Product Designer/ UI/UX Designer, ideally at a startup, even better if open source
- You have a portfolio of related projects demonstrating a clear passion for pixel perfection and delightful interactions
- You are proficient in frameworking and prototyping tools, such as Figma
- You are experienced in implementing design systems with tools such as Storybook
- You've wrangled with CSS frameworks, such as Tailwind, and are unafraid of Vue and frontend development
- You have strong communication skills & can clearly articulate your ideas, designs and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively within a distributed team.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.