Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
We are looking to welcome a passionate UX/UI Designer to join our collaborative & innovative team to create visually delightful & easy-to-use digital interfaces for 3D data that span frontend and desktop applications.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will create and implement designs by understanding business requirements & user feedback, create user flows, wireframes, prototypes & mockups, identifying and troubleshooting UX problems such as responsiveness & much more.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with Speckle's two Founders & product team
- Translate requirements into style guides, design systems/patterns & attractive user interfaces that span desktop and web applications
- Design UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Collaborating effectively with Product & Engineering Teams
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience
We're looking for individuals who:
- is extremely hands-on, smart, talented, and driven.
- is passionate & user centered
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You prior experience as a UI/UX Designer, ideally at a startup, even better if open source
- You have a portfolio of related projects demonstrating a clear passion for pixel perfection and delightful interactions
- You are proficient in frameworking and prototyping tools, such as Figma
- You are experienced in implementing design systems with tools such as Storybook
- You've wrangled with CSS frameworks, such as Tailwind, and are unafraid of Vue and frontend development
- You have strong communication skills & can clearly articulate your ideas, designs and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively within a distributed team.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.