Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode productively.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle's API to build robust automation & web applications.
The beauty of being fully open source allows entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! We don't have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance.
About the role:
Our lovely community is growing fast! We are looking to welcome a Head of Community to help us spearhead all activities related to developing and engaging our user base.
As Head of Community, you will lead, coordinate, and manage our global community program, shaping community experience and infrastructure, bringing community needs and requirements into Speckle, and fostering growth and engagement. You will also help celebrate and amplify the community's contributions, identify themes and opportunities, and promote enhancements to our product. Your experience as a superb communicator and humble facilitator will be crucial to your success.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the two Founders.
- Be our spokesperson, leading community engagements and events.
- Having an opportunity to lay out a strategy with clear goals and hold yourself and the whole of Speckle accountable & is not merely a tactical role.
- Build an exceptional Community team made of Community Managers, Developer Advocates, Product Marketing Managers, Content Creators, etc
- Lead strategy for a wide range of content creation, including social media, tutorials, documentation, newsletters, and all other materials required to support community engagement
- Organize events and come up with innovative ways to engage and foster our community
- Track and measure engagement, growth, and conversions as a result of community conversations
- Capture feedback from our community and ensure it's translated into actionable items for our Product and Engineering teams
- Ensure our community is a welcoming and inclusive place that attracts and converts a multitude of individuals across every region
We're looking for individuals who:
- is exceptionally hands-on, intelligent, talented, and driven.
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks,
- understands our mission, and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You have at least 4+ years of experience working with the community (community manager, dev advocate, acquisition/growth marketing, etc.), ideally at a tech company in a digital capacity, even better if Open Source.
- You have a proven track record of boosting community activity and contribution.
- You have experience in setting up and managing an x-functional team.
- You have expertise in open-source software.
- You have exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and storytelling skills to express messages concisely and compellingly.
- You love to test and tinker with new channels, new creative, new copy, and push the limits of how things have been done in the past.
- You enjoy the unique challenges presented by a role in an early-stage company and are happy to roll your sleeves up and stretch yourself to work on things outside your day-to-day to support the team
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply — we'd love to hear from you.